Las Vegas Wedding ChecklistLas Vegas weddings start here with this handy check list you can print out and carry with you while you shop for your wedding. You can also request a FREE copy of Spectacular Bride for more comprehensive to do lists to guide you through the process. Make sure you plan to attend the next Bridal Spectacular for a kick start to finding all the wedding services you will need.
One Year Before:
10 Months Out
- Announce your engagement
- Order your wedding rings
- Meet with both sets of parents (if they are paying) to discuss type of wedding
- Plan your wedding budget together
- Attend a quality bridal show - ask your friends which one they recommend
- Choose your wedding and reception site
8 Months Out
- Consider hiring a wedding consultant and meet to get started with them early
- Start scrapbooking your wedding memory album - you don't want to leave out the fine details
- If you are having a church wedding, meet with your clergy
- Choose your attendants
- Shop for the brides' dress and order it early!
- Plan color scheme and start an inspiration board of all the ideas you like.
- Shop for bridesmaid dresses. Order them as soon as possible, no later than 4 months prior to the wedding.
- Start your wedding web site
Six Months Before:
- Consult a travel agent about honeymoon plans
- Secure passports and visas if traveling outside the US
- Register at a Bridal Gift Registry
- Begin Your Guest List
- Select and book your photographer
- Select and book your videographer
- Select and book your entertainment
- If planning to do a Save The Date video - start on the concept
4 Months out
- Complete your guest list
- Order Invitations & Save The Date Cards
- Mail Save The Date cards to out of town guests
- Address invitations as soon as they arrive or hire a calligrapher and do it with style!
- Start dance lessons so you can work on a special first dance
- Confirm your wedding gown order
- Have your wedding rings been ordered?
2 Months Before
- Order Groom's, groomsmen and dad's tuxedos
- If you have not already done so, order your bridesmaid dresses now.
- Book your caterer
- Shop for your wedding cake
- Choose your florist
- Pick out and order your Ice Carvings
- If you are having a catered home event, arrange for your rentals of tables, chairs, china etc.
- Plan ceremony & reception details with musicians and/or other entertainment
- Arrange for wedding transportation
- Attend another bridal show to find last minute items
- Complete your honeymoon plans
6 Weeks Out
- Arrange for hotels for out-of-town guests
- Is your wedding website up to date with travel and hotel information?
- Buy wedding gifts for each other
- Mail wedding invitations
- Plan rehearsal & rehearsal dinner
- Pick up wedding rings
- Have final fitting of gown & bridesmaid dresses
- Have studio wedding portraits taken
- Contact newspaper regarding wedding announcement
- Send thank you notes for early gifts
- If you are planning to have a hair and make up consultant come to you on your wedding day, book them early and arrange a trial run
Last Two Weeks:
- Print your Programs
- Write your wedding vows to each other.
- Buy gifts for your bridal party
1 Week Before
- Pick up your marriage license
- Send announcement to newspaper
- Do a trial run on your hair style. Have your hair done by a hairstylist like you plan to wear it on your wedding day. Bring your veil with you.
- Meet with a make up consultant for beauty tips
- Check on your honeymoon reservations
- Buy traveler's checks
- Address wedding announcements, have some one mail them for you on your Wedding day
- Confirm final details with florist, entertainment, rental services, caterers, photographers, reception site etc
- Pay all balances due at this time
The Last 48 Hours!
- If you are not using a wedding consultant for day of, assign someone you trust to be in charge of receiving all incoming deliveries and paying the vendors
- If you are doing any DIY decor make sure you have plenty of help at least 4 hours before the wedding to complete the work, you and your wedding party will be busy getting ready.
- Confirm rehearsal and rehearsal dinner arrangements
- Arrange for all beauty treatments, manicures etc for the day before the wedding
Check the Shopping list page for a complete check list of the items you will need to purchase for the wedding.
- Pick up the tuxedos from the tux shop
- Rehearsal dinner - give attendants their gifts
- Person in charge should be ready to receive flowers for ceremony
- Time to start relaxing. Try to stay calm, all your careful planning will pay off!
- Congratulations...you made it! Remember, even if something goes wrong, hang on to the good memories and know, at the end of the day....You are married!
Plan Las Vegas Weddings at BridalSpectacular.com.