The wedding bells are ringing—from that cute, little wedding chapel down the street! For Las Vegas brides or destination brides who are planning their Las Vegas weddings, consider these top 20 reasons to say your “I do” in an efficient, inexpensive wedding chapel ceremony.
Reasons to Choose a Wedding Chapel
1. Opportunities Galore: Only in Las Vegas can you experience a wedding in so many varied ways. Whether you want Vegas-only specials, like an Elvis officiant or drive-through vows, or you’d like the extravagance and customer service of a luxury hotel’s wedding chapel, you’ll find just about any chapel to fit your taste.
2. Themed Weddings are A-OK: There’s nothing strange about themes in Las Vegas. From staff’s outfits to the surrounding décor, Las Vegas offers chapels created to fit a wide variety of themes. Dress in medieval attire at the Excalibur chapel, live long and prosper at the Hilton’s Star Trek wedding experience, or pretend you’re marrying in France at the peak of the Eiffel Tower at Las Vegas’ Paris Hotel.
3. Easy Marriage License Application: Las Vegas hosts one of the easiest marriage license application processes worldwide. With no blood test, no waiting period, and no residency requirement, you can stroll into any Las Vegas marriage license bureau with your identification and $77 to quickly be issued a license. Then hop across the street to seal the deal just as quickly in a wedding chapel.
4. No Stressful Planning: Depending on the wedding chapel you choose, the chapel staff can provide wedding basics—flowers, photography, rings, champagne, cake, or a limousine. Just keep in mind the level of quality you want when you choose a chapel. Some wedding chapels prefer to keep costs down with fake floral arrangements and no receptions.
5. It’s Fast: If you need to be married now, whether it seems like the right thing to do at that time or it’s because you don’t have time to plan a wedding (such as before military deployment), wedding chapels are your solution. Get that quickie marriage because all that matters is you two are now officially man and wife. Just be careful about finding a chapel that fits your expectations. At some speedy locations, you’ll have twenty minutes in the chapel before you’re rushed out the door to make room for the next couple.
6. Any Size: You can choose your wedding chapel to accommodate almost any number of attendees. Whether you want an intimate ceremony for two or a grander occasion with invited guests, you can find a wedding chapel to match your needs.
7. Marry Now, Host a Wedding Later: You don’t have to wait one year to tie the knot. Get married in a wedding chapel as soon as he proposes. If a small chapel ceremony isn’t entirely your style, then make the marriage official in a chapel today and plan a huge wedding to celebrate with friends and family at a later date.
8. Any Time: Think a midnight marriage matches your personality? Then hit a local wedding chapel for your ceremony, and celebrate your union beneath the stars and gleaming city lights.
9. Location Choices: Wedding chapels are available as individual chapel buildings along the Las Vegas Strip. But you can also be married inside almost any of the major hotels too! Find a wedding chapel with a location that appeals to you.
10. Your Wedding—Your Way: Worried about what it might take to dodge wedding planning drama? Skip the lavish ceremony, and be married in a wedding chapel. Don’t want to hurt the family’s feelings? Marry in a chapel to have your wedding day your way, and let them have their way with a wedding reception later.
11. Romantic Whirlwind: Embrace the rush of passion in a wedding chapel ceremony. While you might have trouble explaining this to your parents and friends later, you can have romance in all its glory as you say “I do” for a moment you and your spouse will never forget.
12. It’s Inexpensive: Don’t have $15,000 to spend on a wedding? Choose a cheaper method while still making memories that’ll last a lifetime. With some chapels charging as low as $50 and others providing more sophisticated options around $2,000, it all depends on your budget. But either way, you’ll pay much less than any traditional bride and groom.
13. Officiant Provided: You’re all set and ready to be married. Now all you need is a location and someone with an officiant’s license to make your union official by the state. When you visit a wedding chapel, you’ll receive a venue and a (religious or non-religious) minister included in your package.
14. Salons on The Strip: You can look gorgeous even when you do marry in a wedding chapel. Sure, you can go for that T-shirt and jeans look. But don’t think that being married in a chapel robs you of your chance to be a beautiful bride. Instead, visit a hotel salon for professional hair styling and bridal make-up. Keep in mind that you will need to call in advance to make an appointment, so choose your wedding time wisely.
15. Save Money on a Wedding Dress: Be a bride without spending over $1,000 on a dress you’ll never wear again. Many wedding chapels can recommend nearby stores where you can rent a wedding gown for the bride and a tuxedo for the groom.
16. Pack Light: All you need to be married is your identification (driver’s license, passport, or birth certificate to prove name and age), $65 for the marriage license, and as much money as you’re willing to spend for the chapel ceremony. With a wedding chapel, skip extraneous frills and focus on what counts: your marriage.
17. Enjoyable Honeymoon: Whether you’re a destination bride or a local Las Vegan, a wedding chapel ceremony gives you the opportunity to start the honeymoon immediately. Enjoy the sights, sounds, and shows of Las Vegas’ nightlife. Live adventure with nearby recreational activities. Even jet off to an exotic location that very same day, thanks to Las Vegas’ international airport with flights to destinations just about anywhere worldwide.
18. Affordable Airfare: Destination brides, it doesn’t cost much to travel to Las Vegas. If you’re on a tight budget but want the excitement of traveling from home to be married, Las Vegas is truly within your sights. Experience that Parisian wedding you always wanted without needing the finances to make it to Paris, France. You can even invite friends to join you, as airfare won’t cost much and hotel accommodations can be found for all price ranges.
19. Celebrate with Friends: Just because you have a chapel wedding doesn’t mean you and your groom need to fly solo. While you certainly can have a ceremony simply for two, you can also invite your friends and family to celebrate on a much more reasonable budget than most wedding venues. After the ceremony, hit the town for an after-party that fits your style, be it a celebration with anybody you find who likes to party or just people with whom you’re close.
20. Iconic Imagery: When people think Las Vegas wedding, they usually think of a quick marriage with a wedding chapel experience. Want to be a part of that glamorous tradition? Then choose a wedding chapel for your wedding. Then dare to make your marriage even more iconic by celebrating in style and honoring your vows for a lifetime commitment that had one heck of an exciting start!